The Eighth Annual Minnesota Yarn Shop Hop is
April 10--13, 2014. This is the biggest
Shop Hop yet with seventeen of the Twin Cities’ best yarn shops participating.
EXCITING NEW ADDITIONS TO THE 2014 HOP
- More chances to win fabulous prizes for participating! Just for turning in your entry card at your last stop (regardless of how many shops you visit), your card will be
entered into a bonus prize drawing following the Shop Hop.
- At the final shop you visit, make your donation and turn in your entry card to receive a kit and instructions to turn your beads into a clever counting bracelet.
- This year, you will also receive a limited edition Shop Hop button to identify yourself as
a participant in the 2014 hop. Supplies are limited to 100 buttons per shop and only one button is allowed per customer. Come early
while supplies last.
To begin the hop, pick up driving directions
and an entry card at any one of the shops listed. At each shop, get your entry form stamped and
pick up a free pattern for a unique Shop Hop 2014 project. A completed entry form, stamped at each and
every shop, qualifies you to enter the drawing for the Grand Prize valued at
over $2000 of knitting/crocheting supplies or one of seventeen First Prizes full
of fiber goodies. At the same time, you
can also enter your name for exciting door prize drawings at each shop
. The first day of the Shop Hop is Thursday,
April 10. You can (try to) complete the
Shop Hop all in one day or spread it out over four days.
enhance your hopping experience, each shop has commissioned a limited edition
yarn specifically for this spectacular event.
Each shop will have its own yarn featured in its free pattern given to shop
STOCK LOCAL FOOD SHELVES:
Each shop will also have a limited quantity of unique, collectible
beads that will be yours in exchange for your donation of cash (the suggested
donation is $5 per shop) or non-perishable food or sundry items to a local food
shelf chosen by each shop**. In addition,
your completed entry card will entitle you
to additional materials and instructions for you to make a clever counting bracelet with your beads. Come early while supplies last.
RULES FOR GRAND PRIZE/FIRST PRIZE DRAWINGS AND COLLECTIBLE BEADS:
- Only one entry per person.
- Must have all seventeen official stamps to be eligible to enter Grand Prize/First Prize drawings.
- Official stamps can only be obtained April 10, 11, 12, and 13, 2014, and must be obtained in person. You must turn in your entry card at the last shop visited.
- Grand Prize/First Prize drawings will be held on April 18, 2014. Winners will be notified by Monday, April 21, 2014.
- Shop personnel are not eligible to win Grand Prize or First Prizes.
- No purchase is necessary to receive patterns. A separate food shelf donation at each shop is necessary for that shop’s bead. **
- Supplies of beads are limited to first 500 eligible customers. Come early while supplies last.
** Providing a $50 cash donation to the food shelves through a participating shop in advance of the hop (March 6 - April 6, 2014) will automatically entitle you to a Minnesota Yarn Shop Hop 2014 VIP Pass and all 17 collectible beads. Beads can be obtained at each shop during the hop by simply showing your ID for validation.